Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Break Baby!

And we are off...
Tim and I, along with the three boys, are heading to Kansas City, KS to The Great Wolf Lodge.  (Don't ask why...we aren't sure.)
After planning our route, we decided that Amarrillo, TX would be the best place to spend the first night.  That meant only about 8 hours of driving.  Perfect.  We would  leave around lunch time so the boys would nap, take a quick break, and then they could watch movies the rest of the way.

Did you seriously think that I we would EVER stick to a plan?  A time?  or Even a route? 

Well, let's just say...we left.
Nope.  I hadn't fueled up.
Nope.  I didn't go to the office and yes, we would need stop by so I could pick stuff up.
Nope.  Tim didn't want to travel the route I had planned.
Nope.  We didn't wait until lunch.

But we were off!
This only looks like a small vehicle...
in it, we have...
clothes for 5 for a week,
swimsuits/towels for 3 days,
3 car seats - 3 pillows - 5 blankets
computer - basket filled with "work stuff"
(yep, I still have to work when I'm gone!)
toys for 3 boys (that took up one suitcase!)
ice chest,
car activity chest (dvds, books, video games, crayons, white boards, coloring books),
ipod, books on cd, car charges, ipod charger, gps...(you get the idea?)
and because Tim doesn't like to eat out and our hotel room doesn't have a full kitchen...
we have A LOT of my electric appliances as well!
and COFFEE!  I didn't forget the COFFEE!!!
(but I did forget the filters...good thing we are near a Walmart!)

Thank goodness Isaiah had a map of Texas.  We might need it when we get through AZ and NM!

Tyler found the video games before we even pulled out of the driveway!
We had games...

This kid!  I have no words...
We had silliness...
We had movies...

and we had sleeping!

My plan was to stop every 2-3 hours, get out of the vehicle, run a few laps at a rest area, grab a healthy snack, then jump back in the car fully revived.

Nope.
It happened once.  Because a child had to go potty.  Along the side of the highway.
We didn't need fuel so Tim didn't see any reason to stop.
The end.

Before we left the hotel the next morning to head into Kansas City...I had the boys do some exercising...

Yes.  I condone jumping from one bed to the other.

Yes.  There is often a referee involved to determine "height of jump".

There are full body landings.

and there is yelling.

Hotels are usually VERY happy to see this family with 3 loud, rowdy boys leave.
They actually smile!

No comments: